Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Finally...Garden 2014

I tend to hold to the philosophy "better late than never," mostly because I'm usually late for things. This year, that happened to include my garden.



My in-laws graciously allow me to use their yard for my garden, and there was some back-and-forth this year about if the garden would move across the yard to a sunnier spot, debating the cost of moving it, whether we should increase or decrease the size, build raised beds...on and on.



It went on long enough that I was ready to let it go for this year, and just try again next summer. Not because of any upset, just because circumstances kept adjusting. But then, surprise!



Mom- and Dad-in-law went ahead and put some raised beds together, ordered soil, and voila! Garden started. I was super excited, both because it was minimal effort and my part, and we can still have a small garden.




I especially like the woodchips around the bed. No more weeding, or even mowing, around the garden!



Since it's smaller this year (and I'm very ok with that) I planted tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, and arugula. I'm hoping to add some herbs--mint, lavender, thyme, parsley.



Three tomatoes and four pepper plants. 



Arugula, and those little stalks in the back? Green onion roots I stuck in there. 




Even Little Dog approves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment