Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Currently

I'm working on a deeper post for you guys, but in the meantime...



Currently...



Watching: Breaking Bad...yes, I know I'm behind the times, and no, I don't really care. I know basically how it ends, and that actually makes it a little easier to watch. For me. We got to see Bryan Cranston on Broadway playing Lyndon B Johnson, and it inspired me to give this show (or as I call it, this study of human depravity) another chance. Dan loves it.

We are also watching Game of Thrones, and DUDE. I'm terrified, like, every other second. Which I'm pretty sure is how George R. R. Martin wants it.



Reading: The Secret History, by Donna Tartt. This is on some list somewhere of Books to Read in Your 20's, or Female Authors You Should Definitely Read, or Books That Will Simultaneously Make You Question Everything in Your Life And Appreciate How Good You've Got It. Anyway, it's extremely fascinating and compelling and so beautifully written. I can't quite believe these characters aren't real people, they're so vibrant and flawed.



Cooking: All the Things on the cast iron skillet. Dan got me two cast iron skillets for Christmas, and they are the.bomb.diggety (been hanging out with 5th graders too much). Every single time I use them, and carefully rinse them in scalding hot water with a soft cloth or bristle brush, then swab them with fresh oil to keep them seasoned, I am happy. Also when I eat the delicious things I am now capable of cooking (steak, anyone?).



Feeling: a bit disappointed in my spring break. I had Tuesday through Thursday off last week, and you know what I did with it? Pretty much nothing. I had all these grand schemes and they all fell through. Except planting seeds. And cleaning out one drawer. Oh well, take what you can get!



Stretching: I've been doing lots of yoga lately and I LOVE it. I feel like I've found a stride (pun) in my exercise routine--I like to run outside, not for very long and not very fast, and I love yoga. It makes me feel strong and powerful, instead of frustrated with how little I can do. My newly minted ab dents (they are certainly not abs in the proper sense) and nice toned arms don't hurt either.



Working: constantly, which is probably why I haven't been posting as much. Without trying to make some lame excuses, I have a pretty full plate without fun crafts or cooking projects. Here's hoping that changes over the summer (although only until the fall!).



What have you been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment