Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cappuccino Peanut Butter Cookies

Oh, my friends.



This is a good one.



Get your recipe books/files/Pinterest boards ready.



For Christmas this year, my friend gave me a little jar of cappuccino peanut butter. It was tasty, unique, and she thought it'd make a perfect little gift. (Incidentally, she also gave me some apricot jam and told me she was thinking of a little PB&J theme. Melis, I hope you don't mind this use of your gift!)





It's been sitting in my cabinet since Christmas. I dipped some chocolate graham crackers in, and that was yummy, but it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with it:



Cookies.





Normally I'm your basic chocolate chip kinda gal (give me chocolate any day) but I figured one batch of peanut butter cookies wouldn't hurt.






Being a modern adult woman, I went to Pinterest to find a good peanut butter cookie, and oh man did I find one.



I found this recipe.



It's a pretty basic recipe, but I made sure I actually creamed the butter and sugars. Don't skimp on this step, I'm learning that really creaming the butter and sugars take a few minutes and it's oh-so-worth it.





 Alllllso the cappuccino peanut butter. It gives the cookies such a rich, toasty, coffee-y flavor without being overpowering. The texture of these cookies is just to die for.



Cappuccino Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cappuccino peanut butter
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt


Cream the butter and sugars, then mix in the peanut butter until thoroughly combined. Mix in the eggs until well combined (if you use a stand-aid mixer like I do, turn it up for at least a few seconds). Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.

Bake at 325 for 12 minutes. The cookies will look just slightly underdone, but take them out and let them rest on the hot baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.


The recipe also adds that you can dip/drizzle these in melted chocolate, which I fully intended to do until I tasted one. Why mess with perfection?


Also, if you're near a Trader Joe's, I bet these would be the perfect use of cookie butter. Yum.





No comments:

Post a Comment